Thursday, September 29, 2011

So Close


Well, I almost had it. I almost had that one job that changes everything. It would have been perfect. Not only would I have learned more about trade publishing from a literary agent who represents some fantastic authors (I know I read samples and added them to my list of books to read. The stories were intriguing, well written, and I read them so quickly ice cream wouldn't have melted before I was done - the true sign of any good book). But I would have also been working on expanding and increasing her e-book business. I

have been trying for so long to get into this, and I really don’t report how many times I have come so very close, only to fall on my face because, well, that could get depressing. But I WAS SO CLOSE. It came down to the fact that another applicant already had the experience I was hoping to gain. I can’t fault the woman I interviewed with; it was a smart move for her business. However, I know I learn quickly and my passion for this industry would speed that learning further. Anyone who has ever met me will tell you that I go out of my way to understand things better. I put myself into my work 100% and always try to go the extra mile. 

Some things are just not meant to be. Keep moving forward. Sigh… so close. 

No comments:

Post a Comment