Sunday, October 17, 2010

Novel Nirvana

First off, I think you should know; Nirvana is my title for my book but it will not actually be the title for the book. I struggle with the titling of it now because 10 years has changed a lot and it’s no longer about a dream like state – and yet it is. IT’S COMPLEX.

Ok so… I said I was going to write my novel via my cell phone for a week and I did. In fact I started it the exact day that I wrote “Writing in the City” and on that day I wrote a total of TWO paragraphs. “Wow! That’s a lot Lisa.”

Hush inner sarcastic me.

Truth is – it was more than I had written in a long time. I stopped going to my NY SCBWI group because I wasn’t feeling the support from them. I have yet to find another one and I suspect that starting a group of my own, like I did in Florida, may just be the added investment I need. My excuse for not doing so yet is that my current job schedule varies weekly.

Anyway, this week proved to be inspiring…. Writing for me has a domino effect. If I start writing, I will continue writing. So two paragraphs turned into two pages and then two more pages and by the end of the week, I had a total of …

Did you add it up yet?

FOUR PAGES!

Some days during this week, I wrote more than others. On the weekend, the trains seemed to be faster and more jerky; so I wasn’t able to write as much. But in all; I very much think this is a very viable way to finish writing my book.

Now, the pages need to be edited. But as a rough draft, they are pretty good if I do say so myself. Next, I need to set aside a day to look it all over and fix it up.

Since this experiment has worked out so well, I’ve decided to keep doing it. “Sounds like a great idea Lisa!”

There’s really no need to be cheeky inner sarcastic me.  ^.^'

No comments:

Post a Comment